Did you know?
- 👷🏻 This plugin is actively maintained and contributors are really committed to it!
- 📥 Wow! 1,472 people download this plugin eveyday!
- 🏂 Super good!! 92.53% users from more than 600,000 active installs are on the latest version!
- 🎖 Excellent plugin. It's one of the Top 100 WordPress plugins here.
- ❤️ Mindblowing! More than 1,547,420 people use plugins from this team.
- 👨👨👧👧 One man show!! Only a single contributor for this plugin.
- 📢 Aweful or Awesome?? 130 total updates and 130 in just last 12 months. That's a lot!
- 🎂 This plugin is going to celebrate it's 12th anniversary after 2 months.
- 600,000+ Active Installs
- 4.2 Avg. Users Rating
- 337 Total Ratings
- 6,042,389 Total Downloads
- 2007-10-08 Added
- 130 Releases in 12 Months
- 2017-08-02 Last Update
- 1.11.5 Current Version
|1||Broken Link Checker||4.3||600,000+||4.2|
|2||WP Link Status Pro - Fix Broken Links & Manage Redirections||1.8||100||0|
|3||Auto SEO Links||0.9||600+||3|
|5||Affilipus: Filter Broken Links||0.9||20+||5|
|6||Redirect Old Links||0.8||30+||5|
|7||WP Dashboard Cleaner||0.8||70+||5|
This plugin will monitor your blog looking for broken links and let you know if any are found.
- Monitors links in your posts, pages, comments, the blogroll, and custom fields (optional).
- Detects links that don’t work, missing images and redirects.
- Notifies you either via the Dashboard or by email.
- Makes broken links display differently in posts (optional).
- Prevents search engines from following broken links (optional).
- You can search and filter links by URL, anchor text and so on.
- Links can be edited directly from the plugin’s page, without manually updating each post.
- Highly configurable.
Once installed, the plugin will begin parsing your posts, bookmarks (AKA blogroll) and other content and looking for links. Depending on the size of your site this can take from a few minutes up to an hour or more. When parsing is complete, the plugin will start checking each link to see if it works. Again, how long this takes depends on how big your site is and how many links there are. You can monitor the progress and tweak various link checking options in Settings -> Link Checker.
The broken links, if any are found, will show up in a new tab of the WP admin panel – Tools -> Broken Links. A notification will also appear in the “Broken Link Checker” widget on the Dashboard. To save display space, you can keep the widget closed and configure it to expand automatically when problematic links are detected. E-mail notifications need to be enabled separately (in Settings -> Link Checker).
The “Broken Links” tab will by default display a list of broken links that have been detected so far. However, you can use the links on that page to view redirects or see a listing of all links – working or not – instead. You can also create new link filters by performing a search and clicking the “Create Custom Filter” button. For example, this can be used to create a filter that only shows comment links.
There are several actions associated with each link. They show up when you move your mouse over to one of the links listed the aforementioned tab –
- “Edit URL” lets you change the URL of that link. If the link is present in more than one place (e.g. both in a post and in the blogroll), all occurrences of that URL will be changed.
- “Unlink” removes the link but leaves the link text intact.
- “Not broken” lets you manually mark a “broken” link as working. This is useful if you know it was incorrectly detected as broken due to a network glitch or a bug. The marked link will still be checked periodically, but the plugin won’t consider it broken unless it gets a new result.
- “Dismiss” hides the link from the “Broken Links” and “Redirects” views. It will still be checked as normal and get the normal link styles (e.g. a strike-through effect for broken links), but won’t be reported again unless its status changes. Useful if you want to acknowledge a link as broken/redirected and just leave as it is.
You can also click on the contents of the “Status” or “Link Text” columns to get more info about the status of each link.
- Arabic – Yaser Maadan
- Belorussian – M. Comfi
- Chinese Simplified – Kaijia Feng
- Chinese Traditional – YILIN
- Czech – Lelkoun
- Danish – Georg S. Adamsen
- Dutch – Robin Roelofsen
- Finnish – Jani Alha
- French – Whiler, Luc Capronnier, Guillaume Boda
- German – Ivan Graf
- Hebrew – Ahrale, Eitan Caspi
- Hindi – Outshine Solutions
- Hungarian – Language Connect
- Irish – Ray Gren
- Italian – Gianni Diurno and Giacomo Ross (alternative)
- Japanese – Shohei Tanak
- Korean – MinHyeong Lim
- Persian – Omid Sheerkavand
- Polish – http://positionmaker.pl
- Portuguese – mowster
- Brazilian Portuguese – Paulino Michelazzo
- Romanian – Ovidiu
- Russian – Anna Ozeritskaya
- Serbo-Croatian – Borisa Djuraskovic
- Slovakian – Patrik Žec
- Spanish – Neoshinji
- Swedish – mepmepmep
- Turkish – Murat Durgun
- Ukrainian – Stas Mykhajlyuk
- Vietnamese – Biz.O
Note: Some translations are not entirely up to date with the latest release, so parts of the interface may appear untranslated.
This plugin uses some icons from the Font Awesome icon font. Font Awesome is licensed under SIL OFL 1.1.
Broken Link Checker is now on GitHub. Pull Requests welcome.
- custom fields
Was this useful?
Would you recommend this plugin summary to your friends?
Thank you for your feedback
Try these other plugins too...
Accordion Slider is a fully responsive and touch-enabled WordPress plugin that combines the functionality of…
Share buttons from AddThis help you get more traffic from sharing through social networks.
Social Traffic Pop for WordPress is finally here. Requested by tons of other Traffic Pop…
About bundle rate shipping The WooCommerce Bundle Rate Shipping Plugin allows you to provide special…
Easy Slide-In is an easy marketing tool that allows you to create messages that slide…
Easy to use WordPress File Manager plugin, which enables the users to view, edit and…
Nowadays if you want to have a successful business , a successful online store it’s…
All Extensions / Store Management / Accounting / Xero Xero Developed by WooCommerce Integrate your WooCommerce store with your Xero account…
All Extensions / Enhancements / Min/Max Quantities Min/Max Quantities Developed by WooCommerce Define quantity rules for orders, products and…