Did you know?
- 🎖 Plugin ranks 15,974 amongst 50,000+ plugins.
- ❤️ Other plugins from this team are not picking up well. Proceed with caution.
- 🎂 This plugin celebrated it's 7th anniversary 3 months ago.
- $18.00 Price
- 3,470 Total Sales
- 4.45 Avg. Users Rating
- 292 Total Ratings
- 2012-06-15 Added
- 2016-05-11 Last Update
|1||Fanciest Author Box||4.8||3,470||4.45|
|2||Simple Author Box||2.3||30,000+||4.3|
|3||Author Facebook Page Widget||0.9||10+||5|
Fanciest Author Box is the best author bio plugin for WordPress.
It’s developed and fully supported by ThematoSoup. Its long list of features gives identity to your single or multi-author WordPress blog. Social widgets allow you to present authors in a more personal manner and are ideal for guest bloggers.
If you’re a blogger or your business relies on content marketing you should install Fanciest Author Box to:
- Improve your blog’s functionality
- Make connections & enable reader engagement
- Highlight your articles in search engine result pages
- Increase conversions and click-through rates
note: Fanciest Author Box is not compatible with BuddyPress.
This premium author bio plugin is very easy to use and customize. Right after installation the author bio is, by default, enabled on all your posts, pages and custom post types. You can disable the author box where you don’t want it or implement it manually using:
- Template tag
The plugin has quite a few under the hood features:
- Google Authorship
- Retina ready
- Translation ready, just follow this guide
- Color pickers, to set your own color scheme
- Random author option for widgets
- Automatically added before, after (or both) your posts, pages and custom post types (not on archive pages)
- RSS feed author box
- Lazy load for improved page speed
- Co-Authors Plus plugin compatibility
Fanciest Author Box allows readers to learn about authors and connect with them on all major social networks:
- Bio tab
- Twitter Bio & Latest Tweet
- Facebook Like & Follow
- Google Authorship & Google+ add to circles button
- LinkedIn Widget
- YouTube Subscribe Widget
- Pinterest Widget
- Latest Posts tab
- Custom HTML tab
See what some of the people using Fanciest Author Box had to say about it.
This WordPress plugin is easy to use (as a widget, shortcode or template tag) and customize to your individual needs – and because it’s so nice, you may even persuade more people to become authors!
AJ Clarke, WPExplorer founder
It was amazingly easy to install and configure. Now, my writers can get more of the attention they deserve. Fanciest Author Box totally exceeded with both its feature set and customizability.
Sean, Editor at Gaming Illustrated
I wanted to take a minute to say that this is a great plugin and that you should definitely buy it. Not only is it well coded and works well, but if you have problems the author helps and replies to problems very quickly. 5 stars from me. Great Job!
Matthew Webber, Editor at T3KD
I got this after downloading another author box plugin that had vulnerable code. Great code, intuitive and efficient and a big up to you for using apply filters so other plugins can manipulate the order of the tabs. Great work, good clean code.
Andy Bailey, CommentLuv founder
ChangeLogHuge thanks to all of you who suggested improvements and made the plugin even better.
- Adds PHP 5.3 requirement
- Fixes preg_replace deprecated call
- Fixes Fanciest Author Box widget in WordPress 4.3+
- Adds nofollow to G+ link, since Google Authorship is dead
- Removes custom update notifier (caused false notices)
- CSS fixes
- Fixes Google authorship bug
- Fixes LinkedIn tab bug when switching from LinkedIn to Google+ back to LinkedIn again
- Improved Co-Authors Plus compatibility, latest posts tab now includes co-authored posts
- Performance optimization, improves speed when some popular/related posts plugins are used
- Fixes difference between custom tab allowed tags in user vs. global options
- Improved default color settings
- Fixes Facebook and LinkedIn widgets not being loaded in second author box
- Lazy load for improved page speed
- Retina Ready – Uses Genericons in tabs
- Pinterest widget
- YouTube widget
- CSS updates + New default skin
- Improves method that adds author box to posts/pages automatically
- Adds update notifier
- Moves Settings page to Settings > Fanciest Author Box
- Adds Co-Author Plus support for multi-author posts
- Adds filter hooks (ts_fab_load_css, ts_fab_load_js) that allows developers to disable CSS and JS from being loaded. If hooking into these hooks, you need to return false
- Adds CSS that hides author box added by several popular themes
- Changes list of allowed tags in Custom Tab to default WordPress allowed tags (like the ones used in comments)
- Skips expensive user queries in widget code if blog has more than 200 users
- Updated Google+ widget (more compact, no duplicate photo)
- Updated LinkedIn widget (more compact, no duplicate photo, details appear on mouseover)
- Updated LinkedIn field, full profile URL can now also be used
- Fixes https error in LinkedIn member profile
- Adds filter (‘ts_fab_social_field’) that allows you to modify which user meta fields are used for social tabs – Read more
- Not loading JS and CSS when not necessary
- CSS fixes
- Updated Twitter API (refer to Fanciest Author Box > Tabs Settings to learn how to enable Twitter tab)
- Bug fix, where authors who opted not to show their author box were still shown in Fanciest Author Box widget
- Option to display author avatar above text in the author box (Avatar position: Floated left, Above text)
- Shortcode attribute avatar=”above” that places avatar above text
- Minor CSS fixes
- User count check added to FAB widget, so sites with huge number of users don’t cause it to break
- CSS updates
- Facebook Widget fix
- Minor bug fixes
- Fixed Facebook widget not showing in Firefox
- Bug fixes
- Added option to manually change execution priority where Fanciest Author Box wouldn’t display, because of possible conflicts with other plugins
- Improved Twitter caching
- Updated Twitter API
- Minor bug fixes
- Added LinkedIn tab with Member Profile Plugin
- Added option to show icons only in tabs
- User profile fields now not shown for Subscribers
- Switched Facebook widgets from iframe to HTML5 – improves performance
- Added name linked to Facebook profile for Subscribe widget
- Improved custom tab, allowing admin to make it possible for users to override custom tab content only or both title and content (Thanks to Kimberly Castleberry)
- Added RTL support (credit: Metude)
- Added random author option to widget (credit: Indie-Film Moonworks)
- Added Latvian translation (Thanks to Klavs Petersons)
- Added simplified author box to RSS feeds (credit: Katie Orr)
- Improved Twitter fallback, when Twitter API returns nothing
- Bug fix – overridden photo (via uploader) was showing only in bio tab
- Added “+FirstName LastName” heading with rel=author to Google tab for author verification
- Added custom HTML tab. Thanks to http://codecanyon.net/user/oakland
- Added option to disable Fanciest Author Box for individual posts, pages and custom posts using ‘ts_fab_hide’ custom field. Credit goes to http://codecanyon.net/user/stscorer
- Added Photo URL field to user profiles, if it has value, that URL will be used to override Gravatar image, if left empty Gravatar will be used. Suggested by http://codecanyon.net/user/candidhams
- Added option to choose between Subscribe (for profiles) and Like (for pages) Facebook button. Thanks http://codecanyon.net/user/Suicide
Connect with us
- add to circles
- author box
- author description
- author profile information
- custom post type
- facebook like
- facebook subscribe
- google authorship
- google plus
- linkedin widget
- template tag
- wordpress author bio
Was this useful?
Would you recommend this plugin summary to your friends?
Thank you for your feedback
Try these other plugins too...
Ultimate Addons for Visual Composer is the master plugin that includes many features, including all…
You can use it as CountDown for WebSites, Events and Products launch or as expiry…
User Profiles Made Easy (UPME) is a full featured front-end profile, login and registration plugin…
Copy posts of any type with a click!
Modal Survey WordPress Plugin provides the opportunity to hear your visitors voice through an attention…
Ultimate Pricing Tables Addon for Visual Composer Fully Customizable Responsive Pricing Tables for Visual Composer.…
WHAT IS KNOWLEDGE BASE Knowledge base WordPress plugin helps you build customer self-service helpdesk in…
Hello everyone and welcome to the WordPress version of MiniGO, a distinguished minimal coming soon…
Adds google fonts to any theme without coding and integrates with the WordPress Customizer automatically for a realtime live preview.