Did you know?
- 👷🏻 This plugin is actively maintained and contributors are really committed to it!
- 🎖 Plugin ranks 9,509 amongst 50,000+ plugins.
- 📥 Umm.. Very few new users pick this plugin...
- 👍🏾 This plugin has not yet gained popularity. May still be useful though.
- ❤️ Other plugins from this team are not picking up well. Proceed with caution.
- 👨👨👧👧 One man show!! Only a single contributor for this plugin.
- 📢 Aweful or Awesome?? 90 total updates and 90 in just last 12 months. That's a lot!
- 🎂 This plugin is going to celebrate it's 3rd anniversary after 4 weeks.
- 700+ Active Installs
- 4.4 Avg. Users Rating
- 7 Total Ratings
- 10,278 Total Downloads
- 2016-08-13 Added
- 90 Releases in 12 Months
- 2017-05-12 Last Update
- 1.2.25 Current Version
|1||WordPress Backup and Migrate Plugin – Backup Guard||5||70,000+||4.5|
|3||Backup And Restore||1.3||23||5.00|
|4||Accu Auto Backup||1.2||20+||4.7|
|7||WP Backup Manager||0.8||40+||5|
Darwin Backup is the ultimate backup, restoration and cloning tool for non-techies.
There are many backup plugins but restoration has never been this simple, easy, or reliable until now. Darwin Backup is designed to make the restore process as easy as one click and, in most cases, you don’t need even know what your FTP, mysql credentials or directory location. Just point your browser to the link Darwin Backup provides you with, authorize yourself using your WordPress administrator credentials and click ‘Login’ and click ‘Restore’.
WARNING: FileZilla is known to break downloaded archives ! Read more on this in the FAQ below
- No techincal knowledge required.
- Backup and restore WPEngine.com-hosted sites
- Backup and restore sites on the hostings where exec(), passthrough() and pcntl* functions are disabled
- Backup sites of any size
- Scheduled backups support
- Backup both files and database
- Restore directly to to the server, or over FTP
- Intercepts upgrade and makes backup before upgrade (optionally)
Most of the users will be able to recover w/o any knowledge about their WordPress setup at all. For the rest, we really try to auto-detect as much as we can, however:
- with some unusual setups, you might need to know your FTP credentials.
- when cloning, you will need to know mysql credentials, and, rarely, FTP credentials.
Please let us know if you have trouble restoring at https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/darwin-backup
- back up
Was this useful?
Would you recommend this plugin summary to your friends?
Thank you for your feedback
Try these other plugins too...
see who opens your newsletter campaigns in real time!an extension for the MyMail Newsletter Plugin…
You can use it as CountDown for WebSites, Events and Products launch or as expiry…
Internet is full of boring popups. So, it’s a time to break this trend. That’s…
User Profile WordPress plugin – UserPro (with Social Login) UserPro – A full-featured User Profile…
WorldPay is a payment service provider for all sizes of business. Accept debit and credit…
Did you know that Pinterest drives more referral traffic than Google Plus, Linkedin, and Youtube…
The Best WordPress Advertising Manager in 2015 / 2016 Ads Pro is a Premium WordPress…
Antispam plugin with a sophisticated tool set for effective day to day comment and trackback spam-fighting. Build with data protection and privacy in …
Adds a splash page to your site that lets visitors know your site is down for maintenance. It's perfect for a coming soon page.