Did you know?
- 👷🏻 This plugin is actively maintained and contributors are really committed to it!
- 🎖 Plugin ranks 9,509 amongst 50,000+ plugins.
- 📥 Umm.. Very few new users pick this plugin...
- 👍🏾 This plugin has not yet gained popularity. May still be useful though.
- ❤️ Other plugins from this team are not picking up well. Proceed with caution.
- 👨👨👧👧 One man show!! Only a single contributor for this plugin.
- 📢 Aweful or Awesome?? 90 total updates and 90 in just last 12 months. That's a lot!
- 🎂 This plugin celebrated it's 3rd anniversary 1 month ago.
- 700+ Active Installs
- 4.4 Avg. Users Rating
- 7 Total Ratings
- 10,278 Total Downloads
- 2016-08-13 Added
- 90 Releases in 12 Months
- 2017-05-12 Last Update
- 1.2.25 Current Version
|1||WordPress Backup and Migrate Plugin – Backup Guard||5||70,000+||4.5|
|3||Accu Auto Backup||1.2||20+||4.7|
|6||WP Simple Backup||0.8||30+||0|
|7||WP Backup Manager||0.8||40+||5|
Darwin Backup is the ultimate backup, restoration and cloning tool for non-techies.
There are many backup plugins but restoration has never been this simple, easy, or reliable until now. Darwin Backup is designed to make the restore process as easy as one click and, in most cases, you don’t need even know what your FTP, mysql credentials or directory location. Just point your browser to the link Darwin Backup provides you with, authorize yourself using your WordPress administrator credentials and click ‘Login’ and click ‘Restore’.
WARNING: FileZilla is known to break downloaded archives ! Read more on this in the FAQ below
- No techincal knowledge required.
- Backup and restore WPEngine.com-hosted sites
- Backup and restore sites on the hostings where exec(), passthrough() and pcntl* functions are disabled
- Backup sites of any size
- Scheduled backups support
- Backup both files and database
- Restore directly to to the server, or over FTP
- Intercepts upgrade and makes backup before upgrade (optionally)
Most of the users will be able to recover w/o any knowledge about their WordPress setup at all. For the rest, we really try to auto-detect as much as we can, however:
- with some unusual setups, you might need to know your FTP credentials.
- when cloning, you will need to know mysql credentials, and, rarely, FTP credentials.
Please let us know if you have trouble restoring at https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/darwin-backup
- back up
Was this useful?
Would you recommend this plugin summary to your friends?
Thank you for your feedback
Try these other plugins too...
Current Version 1.6.4 – February 15, 2016 Easy to create stunning WordPress Portfolios Has a…
The visual editor widget for WordPress.
Latest update: 22 Jun 2016. Version: 4.7.3. Platform: for Wordpress. The Like 2 Unlock plugin…
Connects Google Analytics with your WordPress site. Displays stats to help you understand your users and site content on a whole new level!
Nowadays if you want to have a successful business , a successful online store it’s…
Simple contact form plugin any WordPress website must have.
All Extensions / Enhancements / Search & Navigation / WooCommerce Brands WooCommerce Brands Developed by WooCommerce Create, assign and list product…
All Extensions / Product Type / Chained Products Chained Products Developed by StoreApps Offering a bundle of your products…
All Extensions / Store Management / Tax / WooCommerce Taxamo WooCommerce Taxamo Developed by WooCommerce Handle EU VAT calculations using Taxamo’s…