Did you know?
- 👷🏻 This plugin is actively maintained and contributors are really committed to it!
- 🎖 Definitely a good plugin. This is one of the Top 500 plugins.
- ❤️ Mindblowing! More than 490,000 people use plugins from this team.
- 🏂 34% of 300,000+ users are on the latest version.
- 📥 Seems like a popular plugin - 570 people download this plugin everyday.
- 👨👨👧👧 One man show!! Only a single contributor for this plugin.
- 📢 Aweful or Awesome?? 44 total updates and 45 in just last 12 months. That's a lot!
- 🎂 This plugin celebrated it's 10th anniversary 2 months ago.
- 300,000+ Active Installs
- 4.6 Avg. Users Rating
- 178 Total Ratings
- 1,994,730 Total Downloads
- 2009-06-01 Added
- 45 Releases in 12 Months
- 2018-09-13 Last Update
- 3.2.7 Current Version
|1||Enable Media Replace||4.2||300,000+||4.6|
|2||Auto Date as Title||1.8||32||0|
|3||Pixpie – Intelligent Image Compression||1.2||80+||5|
|4||Media Linked Library||0.9||30+||5|
|5||External Media Upload||0.9||1,000+||4.8|
|6||LH Copy Media File||0.8||1,000+||4|
A free, lightweight and easy to use plugin that allows you to seamlessly replace an image or file in your Media Library by uploading a new file in its place. No more deleting, renaming and re-uploading files!
Supported by the friendly team that created ShortPixel 🙂
A real timesaver
Don’t you find it tedious and complicated to have to first delete a file and then upload one with the exact same name every time you want to update an image or any uploaded file inside the WordPress media library?
Well, no longer!
Now you’ll be able to replace any uploaded file from the media “edit” view, where it should be. Media replacement can be done in one of two ways:
It’s simple to replace a file
- Just replace the file. This option requires you to upload a file of the same type as the one you are replacing. The name of the attachment will stay the same no matter what the file you upload is called.
- Replace the file, use new file name and update all links. If you check this option, the name and type of the file you are about to upload will replace the old file. All links pointing to the current file will be updated to point to the new file name.
This plugin is very powerful and a must-have for any larger sites built with WordPress. It now also comes with preview of the replaced image!
Display file modification time
There is a shortcode available which picks up the file modification date and displays it in a post or a page. The code is:
[file_modified id=XX format=XXXX] where the “id” is required and the “format” is optional and defaults to your current WordPress settings for date and time format.
[file_modified id=870] would display the last time the file with ID 870 was updated on your site. To get the ID for a file, check the URL when editing a file in the media library (see screenshot #4)
If you want more control over the format used to display the time, you can use the format option, so
[file_modified id=870 format=Y-m-d] would display the file modification date but not the time. The format string uses standard PHP date() formatting tags.
Compatible and recommended Plugins =
- ShortPixel Image Optimization – Enable Media Replace is fully compatible with this plugin. Once enabled, ShortPixel will automatically optimize the images you replace using Enable Media Replace.
- Resize Image After Upload plugin – automatically resize images upon upload to save traffic & disk space. Good for SEO and compatible with EMR.
- Regenerate Thumbnails Advanced – Fast, free and simple to use plugin to regenerate the thumbnails for your site after changing a theme (for example). Supported & maintained by ShortPixel
Wishlist / Coming attractions
Do you have suggestions? Feel free to contact ShortPixel here
- replace image
Was this useful?
Would you recommend this plugin summary to your friends?
Thank you for your feedback
Try these other plugins too...
Standard version here: PDF to Flipbook You can create a book directly from the PDF…
Latest Version: 11.06.2013 – v1.6. Check the changelog CSS3 Vertical Web Pricing Tables For WordPress…
IF YOU NEED ONLY THE JQUERY PLUGIN FOR THIS PRODUCT , YOU CAN DOWNLOAD…
Beautiful Customized WooCommerce Emails Email Customizer enables full customization of your WooCommerce emails. Customize colors,…
MapSVG WordPress map plugin turns any SVG file into interactive and fully customizable map or…
A Google Maps plugin for WordPress to create unlimited locations, maps and display Google Maps.…
WP-Optimize is WordPress's most-installed optimization plugin. With it, you can clean up your database easily and safely, without manual queries.
Search & Replace data in your database with WordPress admin, replace domains/URLs of your WordPress installation.
All Extensions / Store Management / Amazon S3 Storage Amazon S3 Storage Developed by WooCommerce Amazon S3 Storage The…