Braintree SDK is a new client-side SDK that enables you to accept several payment types on web or mobile. With Braintree Direct, merchants get seamless access to new payment methods with the flip of a switch, and customers have the option to pay how they want to pay. Braintree Direct simplifies all payment method details down to a token so that you shouldn’t need to worry about which method users choose to pay you.
Braintree Direct is available for merchants in the United States, Canada, Australia, Europe, Singapore, Hong Kong, Malaysia and New Zealand. In legal terms, you have to be domiciled in a supported country.
To be domiciled in one of the supported countries, your business must operate out of a US, Canadian, Australian, Europe, Singapore, Hong Kong, Malaysia, New Zealand-based office. You must also have a bank account with a US, European, Australian, Canadian, Singapore, Hong Kong, Malaysia or New Zealand-chartered bank. The location of your customers has no effect on where you are domiciled.
Merchants in the US can use Braintree to accept PayPal, and most credit and debit cards, including Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover, JCB, and Diner’s Club.
Braintree supports more than 130 local currencies in 44 countries.
Fees and pricing
Cards and digital wallets: 2.9% + $.30 per transaction.
* An additional 1% fee applies to transactions presented outside of your home currency
* A flat $15 fee is assessed for chargebacks
* Fees are returned for fully-refunded transactions
* Discounted rate of 2.2% + $.30 for eligible nonprofits (3.25% + $.30 for Amex transactions)
* A $0.15 fee per AMEX transaction submitted by Braintree to American Express. Merchant may be subject to additional fees assessed by American Express.
* Your rates are predetermined by PayPal, but generally 2.9% + $.30 per transaction; you can contact PayPal directly or visit their pricing page for more details.
* 3.9% transaction fee + fixed fee based on currency for international sales (no foreign exchange fees and no cross-border fees on European card transactions)
* Discounted rate for eligible nonprofits
Was this useful?
Would you recommend this plugin summary to your friends?