Did you know?
- 👷🏻 This plugin is actively maintained and contributors are really committed to it!
- 📥 Wow! 2,176 people download this plugin eveyday!
- 🎖 Excellent plugin. It's one of the Top 100 WordPress plugins here.
- ❤️ Mindblowing! More than 720,600 people use plugins from this team.
- 🏂 29% of 700,000+ users are on the latest version.
- 👨👨👧👧 One man show!! Only a single contributor for this plugin.
- 📢 Aweful or Awesome?? 49 total updates and 49 in just last 12 months. That's a lot!
- 🎂 This plugin celebrated it's 6th anniversary 4 months ago.
- 700,000+ Active Installs
- 4.9 Avg. Users Rating
- 266 Total Ratings
- 4,333,441 Total Downloads
- 2013-07-23 Added
- 49 Releases in 12 Months
- 2018-08-14 Last Update
- 2.1.5 Current Version
|2||BugFu Console Debugger||0.9||100+||5|
|3||WP Content Copy Protection with Color Design||0.9||1,000+||5|
|6||BEA – Fix Loco Translate||0.8||100+||0|
|7||HTML Page Editor||0.7||30+||0|
Loco Translate provides in-browser editing of WordPress translation files.
It also provides localization tools for developers, such as extracting strings and generating templates.
- Built-in translation editor within WordPress admin
- Create and update language files directly in your theme or plugin
- Extraction of translatable strings from your source code
- Native MO file compilation without the need for Gettext on your system
- Support for PO features including comments, references and plural forms
- PO source view with clickable source code references
- Protected language directory for saving custom translations
- Configurable PO file backups with diff and restore capability
- Built-in WordPress locale codes
- About the plugin
- User manual
- Beginner’s guide
- Customizing translations
- Translating child themes
- Getting help
These features are on our todo list. There’s no particular timeframe for any of them and they’re in no particular order:
- Integration with automatic translation services
- Integration with Loco API for cloud storage and collaboration
- Global search for finding strings across all bundles
- Advanced Merge/Sync screen to replace the basic in-editor sync
- Starred/Favourited bundles for quicker dashboard access
The PO file editor supports the following keyboard shortcuts for faster translating:
- Done and Next:
- Next string:
- Previous string:
- Next untranslated:
Shift Ctrl ↓
- Previous untranslated:
Shift Ctrl ↑
- Copy from source text:
- Clear translation:
- Toggle Fuzzy:
- Save PO / compile MO:
- Toggle invisibles:
Shift Ctrl I
Mac users can use ⌘ Cmd instead of Ctrl.
Was this useful?
Would you recommend this plugin summary to your friends?
Thank you for your feedback
Try these other plugins too...
Featured in Web Designer magazine They go on to say… New projects for any business…
Saves submitted form data to the database. Export the data to a file or use short codes to display it.
Simple automated backups of your WordPress-powered website.
Backup and restoration made easy. Complete backups; manual or scheduled (backup to Dropbox, S3, Google Drive, Rackspace, FTP, SFTP, email + others).
What Buyers Are Saying It’s a beautiful plugin: lightweight, powerful, easy to use. I wanted…
Description Auto Post Thumbnail PRO is a plugin to generate Featured Image (AKA Post Thumbnail)…
Side Tabs is an add-on for Layered Popups for WordPress plugin that allows you to…
FULL FEATURES LIST Responsive The plugin is fully responsive, and it comes ready with touch…