Did you know?
- 👷🏻 This plugin is actively maintained and contributors are really committed to it!
- 📢 Reliable plugin.. 17 total updates and 17 in last 12 months. That's great track record.
- 🏂 Super good!! 89.17% users from more than 3,000 active installs are on the latest version!
- 📥 Umm.. Very few new users pick this plugin...
- 👍🏾 This plugin has not yet gained popularity. May still be useful though.
- ❤️ Plugins developed by these contributors are not that popular.
- 👨👨👧👧 One man show!! Only a single contributor for this plugin.
- 🎂 This plugin is going to celebrate it's 3rd anniversary after 2 months.
- 3,000+ Active Installs
- 5 Avg. Users Rating
- 20 Total Ratings
- 12,912 Total Downloads
- 2016-11-09 Added
- 17 Releases in 12 Months
- 2018-09-29 Last Update
- 1.4.3 Current Version
|1||Reusable Content & Text Blocks by Loomisoft||1.3||3,000+||5|
|2||Button Widget by Loomisoft||1||1,000+||5|
|3||Global Content Plugin for WordPress||1||4||0|
|4||Global Blocks for Cornerstone||0.9||1,000+||5|
|5||Blocks – Ultimate Page Building Blocks for Gutenberg||0.7||5|
|6||Secure Blocks for Gutenberg||0.7||5|
|7||Banner Ad Advertising Manager by Loomisoft||0.6||0|
Loomisoft’s Reusable Content & Text Blocks plugin allows you to define modular and repeated blocks of text and other content and place them within pages, posts, sidebars, widgetised areas or anywhere on your site via shortcodes, via the provided widget or via PHP.
The idea behind this plugin is two-fold. The first is to modularise repeated content so you can use the same content in multiple pages, posts and other places, which will allow you to change the relevant content in just one place rather than in dozens of pages and posts. The second is to provide an easy way to add complex custom content within sidebars and widgets. Being compatible with WPBakery’s Page Builder (formerly known as Visual Composer), Avada’s Fusion Builder, Beaver Builder and SiteOrigin Page Builder means that embedded blocks can have a richer range of elements, layout and styling.
Available from WordPress.org or directly through your WordPress site’s administrative pages, this plugin is provided completely free of charge so you can take advantage of all the benefits it has to offer.
- Uses the familiar WordPress custom post type and custom post management processes to define reusable content blocks
- Allows the use of shortcodes, widgets and PHP to place content blocks into pages, posts, sidebars, widgetised areas or anywhere on your site
- Works with WPBakery’s Page Builder (formerly known as Visual Composer), Avada’s Fusion Builder, Beaver Builder and SiteOrigin Page Builder
- Provides a shortcode generator dialogue box from within the WordPress editor so shortcodes can be added to posts and pages easily and quickly
- Provides a widget so content blocks can be placed into sidebars and other widgetised areas using the normal WordPress widget handling processes
- Provides versatile control over the how WordPress processes content, from adding of paragraph tags and/or running of shortcodes to full content processing
- Allows custom variables to be defined when content blocks are called and allows variable values to be displayed via shortcode
- Provides a number of other useful shortcodes to place dynamic text (e.g. date/time, site title, page title) into posts
Defining Content/Text Blocks
Content or text blocks can be added and managed via the custom “Content Blocks” post type in the same way that the normal WordPress posts and pages are. Once defined and published, they can be used in your posts, pages and other areas in your site in a very modular way.
Then, whenever you amend the content of the block, this change will be reflected everywhere the particular block is used … No more tracking down the old content in dozens of pages and posts and amending individually.
Placing Content Blocks within Your Site
Once defined, content blocks can be used (embedded) within posts, pages, sidebars or anywhere on your WordPress site by simply using shortcodes or widgets wherever shortcode processing or widgets are provided by WordPress or the theme.
If you happen to be a web developer and there are inaccessible areas of the theme where you want to enable content that your clients can amend as and when they need, you can even use the provided PHP functions to embed content blocks.
Works with Page Builders
This plugin not only provides the ability to modularise simple text content, it also works with page builders such as WPBakery’s Page Builder (formerly known as Visual Composer), Avada’s Fusion Builder, Beaver Builder, SiteOrigin Page Builder and, although not tested, possibly others.
This means that you can embed white text in a beautiful indigo box and even more complex structures!
Note: As at the time of publication of this page, compatible with WPBakery’s Page Builder version 5.4.2, Avada’s Fusion Builder version 1.2.2 (with Avada version 5.2.2), Beaver Builder version 184.108.40.206 and SiteOrigin Page Builder version 2.5.14.
Easy to Use Shortcode Generator
This plugin provides a simple to use shortcode generator dialogue box available directly from within the WordPress TinyMCE editor so shortcodes can be added to posts and pages easily and quickly. No need to remember the shortcode syntax or content block IDs or slugs.
Widget for Sidebars and Widgetised Areas
Provided with the plugin is a widget, accessible from your WordPress site’s widgets administration area so content blocks can be placed into sidebars and other widgetised areas using the normal widget management processes.
WordPress does a few things before the content from a page or post gets displayed on your site. For instance, it processes HTML paragraph (p) tags, it runs shortcodes and even sends the content to the theme and any plugins so they can do their thing to the content and include their bits.
This plugin gives you versatile control over these processes when a block is called from within a page or post … It allows you to:
- Include or suppress paragraph tags inside the content block when, for instance, you want the text in the content block to show up as part of an existing line in your page/post
- Run or suppress shortcodes inside the content block
- Or do full content processing, which is essential for the correct operation of the page builders
Allows custom variables to be defined when content blocks are called and allows variable values to be displayed via shortcode.
Provided with the plugin are a number of handy little shortcodes that allow you so place often useful pieces of text on your pages and posts, including the current date/time, site title and page/post title.
Documentation & Help
This plugin is both intuitive and easy to use. However, once installed, it has its own detailed documentation page provided within your WordPress site’s admin area. The same docuentation, with screenshots for guidance, is provided at: http://www.loomisoft.com/docs/reusable-content-text-blocks-wordpress-plugin/
- Content Blocks
- reusable content
- reusable content widget
- reusable text
- reuusable content widget
- reuusable text widget
- text blocks
Was this useful?
Would you recommend this plugin summary to your friends?
Thank you for your feedback
Try these other plugins too...
Welcome to WordPress Ultimate Timeline WordPress Ultimate Timeline is a new plugin which enables you…
An easy and powerful form builder that lets your visitors send you email. Blocks all automated spammers. No templates to mess with.
Bookings Make bookings through the Point of Sale interface. Click here to purchase and download…
Advanced iFrame Pro v 7.3 Include content the way YOU like in an iframe that…
Ultimate DJ Manager is a “Must-Have” wordpress plugin for DJs and producers. The plugin comes…
FULL FEATURES LIST Responsive The plugin is fully responsive, and it comes ready with touch…
Features scroll anything: content from your site one or more Twitter timelines RSS feed(s) custom…
Embed any custom font in your website. #1 Rated custom fonts plugin by WPMUDev.org.
The ultimate login branding solution! Theme My Login offers matchless customization of your WordPress user experience!