Did you know?
- 👷🏻 This plugin is actively maintained and contributors are really committed to it!
- 📥 Wow! 1,386 people download this plugin eveyday!
- 🎖 Definitely a good plugin. This is one of the Top 500 plugins.
- ❤️ Mindblowing! More than 344,570 people use plugins from this team.
- 🏂 58% of 300,000+ users are on the latest version.
- 👨👨👧👧 Good sign.. There is a team behind this plugin.
- 📢 Aweful or Awesome?? 86 total updates and 86 in just last 12 months. That's a lot!
- 🎂 This plugin is going to celebrate it's 8th anniversary after 4 months.
- 300,000+ Active Installs
- 4.9 Avg. Users Rating
- 91 Total Ratings
- 3,625,347 Total Downloads
- 2011-11-07 Added
- 86 Releases in 12 Months
- 2018-09-08 Last Update
- 4.15.5 Current Version
|1||Meta Box – WordPress Custom Fields Framework||4.3||300,000+||4.9|
|2||Taxonomy and Meta Search Pro for WordPress||1.9||71||3.86|
|3||Display Custom Fields – wpView||1||500+||5|
|4||Easy Meta Builder||0.9||10+||5|
|5||Woocommerce Checkout Field Editor, Custom Checkout Manager||0.9||100+||2|
|6||Meta Box – FacetWP Integrator||0.8||100+||0|
|7||MB Comment Meta||0.8||90+||0|
Meta Box is a powerful, professional, and lightweight toolkit for developers to create unlimited custom meta boxes and WordPress custom fields.
Meta Box helps you add custom fields and details on your website such as pages, posts, forms and anywhere you want using over 40 different field types such as text, images, file upload, checkboxes, and more.
On top of that, each WordPress custom field type has extensive internal options for unlimited content possibilities. Complete customization and control is just a few clicks away.
Adding WordPress custom fields and custom meta boxes is quick and painless: Select the field types you want in the user-friendly Online Generator, then copy and paste the code into your child theme’s
Boom! All the power with none of the bloat.
There are also free and premium extensions available to add enhanced capabilities. You can manage the display and organization of your WordPress custom fields, the conditions upon which they appear, and become the ultimate WordPress data wizard.
Create any type of metadata or custom fields in WordPress
That’s right – any type. No matter where you need to insert custom data and features, Meta Box’s WordPress custom fields have your back, and with infinite options to boot.
Here are just a few of the data types you can customize:
- Custom post types
- Settings pages
- Theme option pages
- User profile pages
- Post comments
- And even more data types than Batman has tools on his utility belt.
A wide-range of field types and options
Take your standard WordPress custom field and imagine it infinitely expanded. That’s how many options Meta Box gives you:
- Meta Box supports 40+ built-in WordPress custom field types for all your needs including text, textarea, WYSIWYG editor, image, file, post, select, checkbox, radio buttons, date/time picker, taxonomy, user, oembed and more to come.
- Not enough? You can also effortlessly create your own field type.
- Meta Box supports cloning fields for most field types including the WYSIWYG editor field. It also supports repeatable field groups.
- Utilize WordPress’ powerful action and filter system so you can build or change a site’s appearance and behavior in the plugin.
As a developer, you have enough on your plate. You shouldn’t have to create an entirely new system for each project. Use Meta Box to your full advantage.
You can use Meta Box and its custom fields in WordPress on as many websites as you want so you can use it on client projects as well.
- Has an ultra-lightweight, yet powerful API that won’t overload your site.
- Add only what you need instead of getting stuck with a bundle of features you don’t even want that bloat your site.
- Meta Box easily integrates with any theme and plugin, and also works with the Composer package dependency manager.
- We use the native WordPress meta data storage and functions for ease of use and lightning-fast processing.
- It’s compatible with WPML multilingual plugin, and is officially supported by the WPML team.
Don’t love coding? You’re in luck!
Meta Box is built mostly for developers since you need to copy and paste some code, but if you prefer a more visual system to create custom fields in WordPress, you can choose one or all of the extensions below:
The Meta Box Builder extension has a ton of features to make quick work of any project:
- All the power of Meta Box without touching a single line of code.
- It’s designer-friendly, lightweight and works at top-notch speeds.
- Create an unlimited amount of WordPress custom fields at lightning speeds and with a user-friendly drag-and-drop interface.
- Over 40 custom field types available that you can drag and drop to where you need ‘em.
- Export your custom fields and settings to PHP. Then, add it to a new site without needing to install this extension for an incredibly lightweight option.
- It has the goods with conditional logic, priority and context options ready and waiting.
Speaking of extensions, there are a ton of free and premium ones available to further extend the already powerful core Meta Box plugin so you can supercharge your custom fields in WordPress.
You’ll have ultimate control to add whatever meta box and custom fields in WordPress you could ever want. Then, you can tailor it all to fit your exact specifications.
- MB Custom Post Type: Create and manage custom post types and taxonomies quickly with an easy-to-use interface.
- MB Relationships: Create as many connections as you want from post-to-post or page-to-page.
- Meta Box Yoast SEO: Add WordPress custom fields to Yoast SEO Content Analysis to generate more accurate SEO scores.
- MB Rest API: Pull all meta values from posts and terms into the WP REST API responses.
- MB Comment Meta: Add WordPress custom fields to comments in WordPress. It supports all field types and options.
- MB Custom Taxonomy: Create and manage custom taxonomies in WordPress with a user-friendly interface.
- Meta Box Text Limiter: Limit the number of characters or words entered for text and textarea fields.
- Meta Box – FacetWP Integrator: Integrates Meta Box, and FacetWP to make WordPress custom fields searchable and filterable in the frontend.
- Meta Box – Beaver Themer Integrator: Integrates Meta Box, and Beaver Themer to show WordPress custom fields easier in the frontend.
- Meta Box Builder: Create custom meta boxes and custom fields in WordPress using a user-friendly drag-and-drop interface.
- Meta Box Group: Create repeatable groups of WordPress custom fields for better appearance and structure.
- MB Settings Page: Create settings pages for themes, plugins or websites with beautiful syntax.
- MB Term Meta: Add meta data to categories, tags or any custom taxonomy with simple syntax.
- Meta Box Conditional Logic: Add visibility dependency for custom meta boxes and custom fields in WordPress.
- Meta Box Include Exclude: Show or hide meta boxes by ID, page template, taxonomy, or custom function.
- MB Frontend Submission: Create frontend forms for users to submit custom content and embed them anywhere with a shortcode.
- Meta Box Columns: Display eye-catching custom fields in WordPress by putting them into 12-column grids.
- Meta Box Tabs: Painlessly create tabs for meta boxes. There are 3 supported WordPress-native tab styles and icons.
- MB Admin Columns: Display WordPress custom fields in table columns on admin screens for all post types.
- MB Custom Table: Save custom field data to custom tables instead of the default meta tables to reduce your database’s size and increase its performance.
- MB Revision: Track changes to custom fields in WordPress with revisions. You can save, compare and restore the changes smoothly.
- MB User Meta: Quickly add WordPress custom fields to user profiles in the wp_usermeta table with simple syntax.
- Meta Box Geolocation: Automatically and instantly populate location data with the power of the Google Maps Geolocation API.
- Meta Box Template: Make defining custom meta boxes and WordPress custom fields way easier with templates.
- Meta Box Tooltip: Display help information for custom fields in WordPress using beautiful tooltips.
See all the available extensions on the Meta Box website.
We won’t leave you high and dry.
We provide regularly updated, and extensive documentation as well as tutorials on how to use MetaBox and custom fields in WordPress to your advantage as well as in the most efficient way possible.
Here are a few guides to quickly get you started with Meta Box and creating your own WordPress custom fields:
Check out more on the Meta Box Documentation page.
- custom field
- custom fields
- fields post
- magic fields
- meta boxes
- more fields
- simple fields
Was this useful?
Would you recommend this plugin summary to your friends?
Thank you for your feedback
Try these other plugins too...
Tap into Facebook’s 600 million plus users now with the hottest Facebook traffic plugin. Facebook…
Internet is full of boring popups. So, it’s a time to break this trend. That’s…
protect login & register forms with captcha – test automatically ban IPs that brute-force attack…
Manage your ads the easy way! The “WP PRO Advertising System” WordPress Plugin allows you…
Easy Social Share Buttons for WordPress is the best social sharing plugin on the market,…
NOO Menu is a revolutionary menu plugin that allows you to customize almost everything in…
SUMO Reward Points is a Complete WooCommerce Loyalty Reward Points System. Reward your Customers using…
LATEST UPDATE – August 5 2014 This script allows you to have a quick &…
A better way to manage dozens of WordPress websites.