Did you know?
- 👷🏻 This plugin is actively maintained and contributors are really committed to it!
- 📥 Wow! 1,789 people download this plugin eveyday!
- 🎖 Shout, shout.. This plugin ranks in the Top 50 plugins.
- ❤️ Mindblowing! More than 412,000 people use plugins from this team.
- 🏂 36% of 400,000+ users are on the latest version.
- 👨👨👧👧 One man show!! Only a single contributor for this plugin.
- 📢 Aweful or Awesome?? 137 total updates and 137 in just last 12 months. That's a lot!
- 🎂 This plugin is going to celebrate it's 8th anniversary after 4 months.
- 400,000+ Active Installs
- 4.6 Avg. Users Rating
- 649 Total Ratings
- 4,760,519 Total Downloads
- 2011-09-22 Added
- 137 Releases in 12 Months
- 2018-10-03 Last Update
- 2.3.11 Current Version
|4||WPSSO User Locale Selector for the Admin Toolbar||0.9||100+||5|
|5||JSM's User Locale Selector for the WordPress Toolbar||0.9||10+||5|
|7||Polylang Category Creator||0.6||100+||0|
Polylang allows you to create a bilingual or multilingual WordPress site. You write posts, pages and create categories and post tags as usual, and then define the language for each of them. The translation of a post, whether it is in the default language or not, is optional.
- You can use as many languages as you want. RTL language scripts are supported. WordPress languages packs are automatically downloaded and updated.
- You can translate posts, pages, media, categories, post tags, menus, widgets…
- Custom post types, custom taxonomies, sticky posts and post formats, RSS feeds and all default WordPress widgets are supported.
- The language is either set by the content or by the language code in url, or you can use one different subdomain or domain per language
- Categories, post tags as well as some other metas are automatically copied when adding a new post or page translation
- A customizable language switcher is provided as a widget or in the nav menu
If you wish to migrate from WPML, you can use the plugin WPML to Polylang
If you wish to use a professional or automatic translation service, you can install Lingotek Translation, as an addon of Polylang. Lingotek offers a complete translation management system which provides services such as translation memory or semi-automated translation processes (e.g. machine translation > human translation > legal review).
Thanks a lot to all translators who help translating Polylang.
Thanks a lot to Alex Lopez for the design of the logo.
Most of the flags included with Polylang are coming from famfamfam and are public domain.
Wherever third party code has been used, credit has been given in the code’s comments.
Do you like Polylang?
Don’t hesitate to give your feedback.
Was this useful?
Would you recommend this plugin summary to your friends?
Thank you for your feedback
Try these other plugins too...
Rankie – Wordpress rank tracker is a wordpress rank checker plugin that will help you…
Want a nifty, cutting-edge, retina-ready, responsive html5 audio player for your site ? ZoomSounds is…
The WooCommerce Table Rate Shipping plugin has the ability to add multiple rates for a…
User Profile WordPress plugin – UserPro (with Social Login) UserPro – A full-featured User Profile…
Short Description Woocommerce Easy Checkout Field Editor Plugin Lets you Add /Edit / Delete fields…
Search Engine (SEO) & Performance Optimization (WPO) via caching. Integrated caching: CDN, Minify, Page, Object, Fragment, Database support.
The complete and reliable plugin for managing custom post types, custom taxonomies and custom fields.
BuddyPress helps site builders & developers add community features to their websites, with user profiles,…
Responsive Lightbox & Gallery allows users to create galleries and view larger versions of images,…