Did you know?
- 👷🏻 This plugin is actively maintained and contributors are really committed to it!
- 📥 Wow! 2,094 people download this plugin eveyday!
- 🎖 Shout, shout.. This plugin ranks in the Top 50 plugins.
- ❤️ Mindblowing! More than 533,000 people use plugins from this team.
- 🏂 50% of 500,000+ users are on the latest version.
- 👨👨👧👧 It takes two to tango! We found two people behind this plugin.
- 📢 Aweful or Awesome?? 153 total updates and 153 in just last 12 months. That's a lot!
- 🎂 This plugin is going to celebrate it's 10th anniversary after 8 months.
- 500,000+ Active Installs
- 4.7 Avg. Users Rating
- 1,235 Total Ratings
- 7,127,618 Total Downloads
- 2011-09-22 Added
- 153 Releases in 12 Months
- 2019-12-11 Last Update
- 2.6.8 Current Version
|2||TranslatePress – Translate Multilingual sites||3.9||60,000+||4.7|
|4||Add-on Contact Form 7 – MailPoet 3||1.2||4,000+||5|
|6||Add-on WooCommerce – MailPoet 3||1.1||1,000+||5|
Polylang allows you to create a bilingual or multilingual WordPress site. You write posts, pages and create categories and post tags as usual, and then define the language for each of them. The translation of a post, whether it is in the default language or not, is optional.
- You can use as many languages as you want. RTL language scripts are supported. WordPress languages packs are automatically downloaded and updated.
- You can translate posts, pages, media, categories, post tags, menus, widgets…
- Custom post types, custom taxonomies, sticky posts and post formats, RSS feeds and all default WordPress widgets are supported.
- The language is either set by the content or by the language code in url, or you can use one different subdomain or domain per language
- Categories, post tags as well as some other metas are automatically copied when adding a new post or page translation
- A customizable language switcher is provided as a widget or in the nav menu
If you wish to migrate from WPML, you can use the plugin WPML to Polylang
If you wish to use a professional or automatic translation service, you can install Lingotek Translation, as an addon of Polylang. Lingotek offers a complete translation management system which provides services such as translation memory or semi-automated translation processes (e.g. machine translation > human translation > legal review).
Thanks a lot to all translators who help translating Polylang.
Thanks a lot to Alex Lopez for the design of the logo.
Most of the flags included with Polylang are coming from famfamfam and are public domain.
Wherever third party code has been used, credit has been given in the code’s comments.
Do you like Polylang?
Don’t hesitate to give your feedback.
Was this useful?
Would you recommend this plugin summary to your friends?
Thank you for your feedback
Try these other plugins too...
Rankie – Wordpress rank tracker is a wordpress rank checker plugin that will help you…
Note: this is an add-on. You must have at least PrivateContent v5 to use it.…
Improved Variable Product Attributes for WooCommerce v3.1.0 Improved Variable Product Attributes for WooCommerce is a…
Add jQuery social share buttons to WordPress in a stylish floating panel, toolbar or display…
A new, fast and easy way to add beautiful, retina ready icons to your site!…
Ultimate Pricing Tables Addon for Visual Composer Fully Customizable Responsive Pricing Tables for Visual Composer.…
Simple contact form plugin any WordPress website must have.
Search & Replace data in your database with WordPress admin, replace domains/URLs of your WordPress installation.
All Extensions / Shipping / Inventory and Fulfillment / Advanced Notifications Advanced Notifications Developed by WooCommerce Set up order and stock…