Did you know?
- 👷🏻 This plugin is actively maintained and contributors are really committed to it!
- 📥 Wow! 1,844 people download this plugin eveyday!
- 🎖 Shout, shout.. This plugin ranks in the Top 50 plugins.
- ❤️ Mindblowing! More than 412,000 people use plugins from this team.
- 🏂 36% of 400,000+ users are on the latest version.
- 👨👨👧👧 One man show!! Only a single contributor for this plugin.
- 📢 Aweful or Awesome?? 137 total updates and 137 in just last 12 months. That's a lot!
- 🎂 This plugin celebrated it's 7th anniversary 3 months ago.
- 400,000+ Active Installs
- 4.6 Avg. Users Rating
- 649 Total Ratings
- 136,303 Downloads in Last 3 Months
- 4,760,519 Total Downloads
- 2011-09-22 Added
- 137 Releases in 12 Months
- 2018-10-03 Last Update
- 2.3.11 Current Version
|3||WPML to Polylang||1.3||2,000+||5|
|4||Polylang Theme Strings||1.3||10,000+||4.2|
|5||Goo Translate Widget||0.9||900+||5|
|6||Translate by Supsystic||0.9||100+||0|
Polylang allows you to create a bilingual or multilingual WordPress site. You write posts, pages and create categories and post tags as usual, and then define the language for each of them. The translation of a post, whether it is in the default language or not, is optional.
- You can use as many languages as you want. RTL language scripts are supported. WordPress languages packs are automatically downloaded and updated.
- You can translate posts, pages, media, categories, post tags, menus, widgets…
- Custom post types, custom taxonomies, sticky posts and post formats, RSS feeds and all default WordPress widgets are supported.
- The language is either set by the content or by the language code in url, or you can use one different subdomain or domain per language
- Categories, post tags as well as some other metas are automatically copied when adding a new post or page translation
- A customizable language switcher is provided as a widget or in the nav menu
If you wish to migrate from WPML, you can use the plugin WPML to Polylang
If you wish to use a professional or automatic translation service, you can install Lingotek Translation, as an addon of Polylang. Lingotek offers a complete translation management system which provides services such as translation memory or semi-automated translation processes (e.g. machine translation > human translation > legal review).
Thanks a lot to all translators who help translating Polylang.
Thanks a lot to Alex Lopez for the design of the logo.
Most of the flags included with Polylang are coming from famfamfam and are public domain.
Wherever third party code has been used, credit has been given in the code’s comments.
Do you like Polylang?
Don’t hesitate to give your feedback.
Was this useful?
Would you recommend this plugin summary to your friends?
Thank you for your feedback
Try these other plugins too...
The simplest and fastest WP Cache system
InstaShow is a premium WordPress Instagram feed for creating charming galleries of Instagram images. Take…
Redux is a simple, truly extensible and fully responsive options framework for WordPress themes and plugins. Ships with an integrated demo.
Extends and enhances TinyMCE, the WordPress Visual Editor.
SUMO Reward Points is a Complete WooCommerce Loyalty Reward Points System. Reward your Customers using…
Search Engine (SEO) & Performance Optimization (WPO) via caching. Integrated caching: CDN, Minify, Page, Object, Fragment, Database support.
A clean, easy to integrate, reusable tabbed content area for your WordPress themes! Features Reusable…
WooCommerce PDF Vouchers allows you to sell voucher codes that can then be redeemed at…
All Extensions / Product Type / Groups for WooCommerce Groups for WooCommerce Developed by itthinx Information & Requirements WordPress…