Did you know?
- 👷🏻 This plugin is actively maintained and contributors are really committed to it!
- 📢 Reliable plugin.. 13 total updates and 13 in last 12 months. That's great track record.
- 🎖 Excellent plugin. It's one of the Top 100 WordPress plugins here.
- ❤️ Mindblowing! More than 110,200 people use plugins from this team.
- 🏂 26% of 100,000+ users are on the latest version.
- 📥 Seems like a popular plugin - 713 people download this plugin everyday.
- 👨👨👧👧 One man show!! Only a single contributor for this plugin.
- 🎂 This plugin is going to celebrate it's 7th anniversary after 6 months.
- 100,000+ Active Installs
- 4.5 Avg. Users Rating
- 477 Total Ratings
- 1,572,814 Total Downloads
- 2012-12-21 Added
- 13 Releases in 12 Months
- 2017-06-02 Last Update
- 1.8.4 Current Version
|1||Social Media Feather | social media sharing||3.9||100,000+||4.5|
|2||Ocean Social Sharing||1.4||10,000+||5|
|3||Easy Social Sharing||1.1||3,000+||5|
|4||WP All In One Social||1.1||100+||5|
|5||Social Media Share Buttons||1||300+||5|
|6||Jackshare Social Sharing||0.9||30+||5|
WordPress Social Media Feather is a lightweight free social media WordPress plugin that allows you to quickly and painlessly add social sharing and following features to all your posts, pages and custom post types.
The plugin supports adding of social buttons for sharing or following (that is, social buttons that link to your social network profiles pages). The social media buttons can easily and automatically be added to all your posts, pages or any other custom post types.
One of the few social sharing and bookmarking plugin with full support for the Retina and high resolution displays as used in the iPad, iPhones and other devices!
What sets WordPress Social Media Feather aside from the plethora of other social sharing and following WordPress plugins is its focus on simplicity, performance and social sharing impact. Social share buttons and links to your social pages are fast to setup with automatic display or social widgets.
Given the widespread focus on WordPress social media integration, your site will still provide social bookmarks and share buttons to improve visibility of your posts and content and improve your overall global reach on social platforms.
The WordPress social media sharing offered by the plugin includes all major social sharing buttons providers like Facebook, Twitter, Google+, reddit, Pinterest, tumblr, Linkedin and even e-mail.
It will show social buttons that your users can click to share to facebook or tweet your posts and pages on your site or submit it to reddit and google plus or publish it on tumblr and all other social sharing networks.
The WordPress social media following offered by the plugin includes all major social network providers and tools like Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest, Linkedin, YouTube, tumblr, instagram, flickr, foursquare, vimeo or RSS.
Our social media plugin also offers widgets for sharing and following buttons that you can place in any widgetized area in your site and the widgets also expose some settings and parameters to tweak the appearance of the social buttons. The plugin also provides shortcodes that can be used for the same purpose, creating both share and follow buttons and allowing selection of visibility of different social media networks or reordering how the various social networks appear (see example shortcodes at the bottom).
You can disable automatic rendering of social icons for specific posts by using Custom Fields. Simply set a custom field of
synved_social_exclude_share to “yes” (without quotes) to disable rendering of sharing buttons on the post/page or
synved_social_exclude_follow to “yes” (without quotes) to remove following buttons from the post or alternatively
synved_social_exclude to disable both. The Custom Fields editor needs to be enabled on your post/page edit screen by clicking at the top right where it says “Screen Options”.
- Integrated WordPress social sharing for all your posts
- Full support for Retina and high resolution displays
- WordPress social sharing and following widgets
- Supports all major providers of social features
- Sharing with Facebook, Twitter, Google+, reddit, Pinterest, tumblr, Linkedin and e-mail
- Following on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest, Linkedin, YouTube, tumblr, instagram, flickr, foursquare, vimeo or RSS Feed
- Each social provider can be enabled or disabled
- Ability to select what services each provider will be exposed for
- Full customization for titles and URLs for each provider
- Fast unobtrusive social bookmarks for your site
- Comes with a default modern icon set
- For further customization more social icons skins are available. Free from the version 1.8.2!
- Available skins can be customized with cool effects like fading and greying out social icons
- If you like them you can get social sharing counters that load dynamically, only when necessary, thus not weighing in on visitors who don’t use them
This shortcode will create a list of social sharing buttons to share content on your site:
This shortcode will create a list of social media sharing buttons to share content on your site, only showing Google+, Twitter and Facebook, in that specific order:
[feather_share show=”google_plus, twitter, facebook” hide=”reddit, pinterest, linkedin, tumblr, mail”]
You can change the order of displayed buttons by changing the order of keywords:
[feather_share show=”twitter, google_plus, facebook” hide=”reddit, pinterest, linkedin, tumblr, mail”]
This shortcode will create a list of social sharing buttons to share content on your site using the “Wheel” icons skin:
This shortcode will create a list of social media sharing buttons to share content on your site using the default icon skin with a size of 64 pixels:
You can add a custom CSS class to your share buttons using the “class” attribute:
You can combine all the parameters above to customize the look, for instance using the “Wheel” icon skin at a size of 64 pixels and only showing Google+, Twitter and Facebook, in that specific order:
[feather_share skin=”wheel” size=”64″ show=”google_plus, twitter, facebook” hide=”reddit, pinterest, linkedin, tumblr, mail”]
The next shortcode will create a list of social following buttons that allow visitors to follow you:
The next shortcode will create a list of social following buttons that allow visitors to follow you, using the “Balloon” icons skin:
You can add a custom CSS class to your social profiles buttons using the “class” attribute:
The next shortcode will create a list of social media following buttons that allow visitors to follow you, using the “Balloon” icons skin with a size of 64 pixels:
[feather_follow skin=”balloon” size=”64″]
You can specify a manual URL to be used for the sharing buttons:
If you don’t want to use shortcodes but instead prefer to use PHP directly, there are 2 PHP functions/template tags you can use.
For sharing buttons you can use:
if (function_exists(‘synved_social_share_markup’)) echo synved_social_share_markup();
For following buttons you can use:
if (function_exists(‘synved_social_follow_markup’)) echo synved_social_follow_markup();
- WordPress Social Media Plugin Official Page
- Extra Social Icons Skins
- Grey Fade addon that can grey out and fade out any social icons set
- Light Prompt that adds counts for social shares
- high resolution
- social buttons
- social follow
- social following
- social links
- social media
- social media buttons
- Social Media Icons
- Social Media Widget
- social share
- social sharing
- social widget
Was this useful?
Would you recommend this plugin summary to your friends?
Thank you for your feedback
Try these other plugins too...
UberGrid is a powerful responsive grid / gallery builder for WordPress that can build nice…
Lets you edit the WordPress admin menu. You can re-order, hide or rename menus, add custom menus and more.
- Previously named Email Cart for WooCommerce - Empower anyone using your store to Save…
Give your customers the simplest buying experience with Klarna and achieve amazing checkout conversions
WooCommerce Email Template Plugin Transactional emails are important for your business. Make them look beautiful…
An amazingly simple, yet incredibly powerful Woocommerce “build your own” extension which helps your customer…
All Extensions / Enhancements / Product Page Features / Variation Swatches and Photos Variation Swatches and Photos Developed by Lucas Stark…
All Extensions / Store Management / Accounting / Xero Xero Developed by WooCommerce Integrate your WooCommerce store with your Xero account…
See which plugins are slowing down your site. This plugin creates a performance report for your site.