Did you know?
- 📥 Wow! 2,082 people download this plugin eveyday!
- 🎖 Shout, shout.. This plugin ranks in the Top 50 plugins.
- ❤️ Mindblowing! More than 625,610 people use plugins from this team.
- 👷🏿 We think this plugin is not actively maintained, as there are no major udpates for over a year.
- 🏂 62% of 600,000+ users are on the latest version.
- 👨👨👧👧 One man show!! Only a single contributor for this plugin.
- 🎂 This plugin celebrated it's 12th anniversary 3 months ago.
- 600,000+ Active Installs
- 4.6 Avg. Users Rating
- 236 Total Ratings
- 9,343,851 Total Downloads
- 2010-03-22 Added
- 2019-11-11 Last Update
- 4.52.1 Current Version
User Role Editor WordPress plugin allows you to change user roles and capabilities easy.
Just turn on check boxes of capabilities you wish to add to the selected role and click “Update” button to save your changes. That’s done.
Add new roles and customize its capabilities according to your needs, from scratch of as a copy of other existing role.
Unnecessary self-made role can be deleted if there are no users whom such role is assigned.
Role assigned every new created user by default may be changed too.
Capabilities could be assigned on per user basis. Multiple roles could be assigned to user simultaneously.
You can add new capabilities and remove unnecessary capabilities which could be left from uninstalled plugins.
Multi-site support is provided.
- Block selected admin menu items for role.
- Hide selected front-end menu items for no logged-in visitors, logged-in users, roles.
- Block selected widgets under “Appearance” menu for role.
- Show widgets at front-end for selected roles.
- Block selected meta boxes (dashboard, posts, pages, custom post types) for role.
- “Export/Import” module. You can export user role to the local file and import it to any WordPress site or other sites of the multi-site WordPress network.
- Roles and Users permissions management via Network Admin for multisite configuration. One click Synchronization to the whole network.
- “Other roles access” module allows to define which other roles user with current role may see at WordPress: dropdown menus, e.g assign role to user editing user profile, etc.
- Manage user access to editing posts/pages/custom post type using posts/pages, authors, taxonomies ID list.
- Per plugin users access management for plugins activate/deactivate operations.
- Per form users access management for Gravity Forms plugin.
- Shortcode to show enclosed content to the users with selected roles only.
- Posts and pages view restrictions for selected roles.
- Admin back-end pages permissions viewer
Pro version is advertisement free. Premium support is included.
You can find more information about “User Role Editor” plugin at this page
I am ready to answer on your questions about plugin usage. Use plugin page comments for that.
Was this useful?
Would you recommend this plugin summary to your friends?
Thank you for your feedback
Try these other plugins too...
see who opens your newsletter campaigns in real time!an extension for the MyMail Newsletter Plugin…
Description Fanciest Author Box is the best author bio plugin for WordPress. It’s developed and…
Do you need to add things like checkboxes to your products so that you can…
TotalPoll WordPress poll plugin TotalPoll is a powerful WordPress plugin that lets you create and…
WordPress Related Posts - the plugin for related posts with thumbnails. Caching included.
An events calendar system with multiple views, upcoming events widget, color-coded categories, recurrence, and import/export…
All Extensions / Product Type / WooCommerce Bookings WooCommerce Bookings Developed by WooCommerce This powerful extension allows you to…
All Extensions / Store Management / Accounting / Cost of Goods Cost of Goods Developed by SkyVerge Full-featured Profit and Cost…
User Role Editor WordPress plugin makes user roles and capabilities changing easy. Edit/add/delete WordPress user roles and capabilities.