Did you know?
- 👷🏻 This plugin is actively maintained and contributors are really committed to it!
- 📥 Wow! 3,556 people download this plugin eveyday!
- 🏂 Super good!! 99.98% users from more than 1,000,000 active installs are on the latest version!
- 🎖 Excellent plugin. It's one of the Top 100 WordPress plugins here.
- ❤️ Mindblowing! More than 1,000,000 people use plugins from this team.
- 👨👨👧👧 One man show!! Only a single contributor for this plugin.
- 📢 Aweful or Awesome?? 37 total updates and 37 in just last 12 months. That's a lot!
- 🎂 This plugin is going to celebrate it's 10th anniversary after 2 weeks.
- 1,000,000+ Active Installs
- 4.3 Avg. Users Rating
- 3,936 Total Ratings
- 12,257,173 Total Downloads
- 2009-07-29 Added
- 37 Releases in 12 Months
- 2018-04-26 Last Update
- 0.9.7 Current Version
|1||W3 Total Cache||4.7||1,000,000+||4.3|
|2||WP Speed of Light||1.5||10,000+||4.3|
|3||Swift Performance Lite||1.5||9,000+||4.4|
|4||Optimize Scripts & Styles||0.9||20+||5|
W3 Total Cache improves the SEO and user experience of your site by increasing website performance, reducing download times via features like content delivery network (CDN) integration.
The only web host agnostic WordPress Performance Optimization (WPO) framework recommended by countless web developers and web hosts. Trusted by numerous companies like: AT&T, stevesouders.com, mattcutts.com, mashable.com, smashingmagazine.com, makeuseof.com, kiss925.com, pearsonified.com, lockergnome.com, johnchow.com, ilovetypography.com, webdesignerdepot.com, css-tricks.com and tens of thousands of others.
An inside look:
- Improvements in search engine result page rankings, especially for mobile-friendly websites and sites that use SSL
- At least 10x improvement in overall site performance (Grade A in WebPagetest or significant Google Page Speed improvements) when fully configured
- Improved conversion rates and “site performance” which affect your site’s rank on Google.com
- “Instant” repeat page views: browser caching
- Optimized progressive render: pages start rendering quickly and can be interacted with more quickly
- Reduced page load time: increased visitor time on site; visitors view more pages
- Improved web server performance; sustain high traffic periods
- Compatible with shared hosting, virtual private / dedicated servers and dedicated servers / clusters
- Transparent content delivery network (CDN) management with Media Library, theme files and WordPress itself
- Mobile support: respective caching of pages by referrer or groups of user agents including theme switching for groups of referrers or user agents
- Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) support
- Secure Socket Layer (SSL) support
- Caching of (minified and compressed) pages and posts in memory or on disk or on (FSD) CDN (by user agent group)
- Caching of feeds (site, categories, tags, comments, search results) in memory or on disk or on CDN
- Caching of search results pages (i.e. URIs with query string variables) in memory or on disk
- Caching of database objects in memory or on disk
- Caching of objects in memory or on disk
- Caching of fragments in memory or on disk
- Minification of posts and pages and feeds
- Minification of inline, embedded or 3rd party CSS (with automated updates)
- Browser caching using cache-control, future expire headers and entity tags (ETag) with “cache-busting”
- Import post attachments directly into the Media Library (and CDN)
- WP-CLI support for cache purging, query string updating and more
- Various security features
- Caching statistics for performance insights
- Extension framework for customization or extensibility e.g. New Relic, Cloudflare, WPML and more
- Reverse proxy integration via Nginx or Varnish
Improve the user experience for your readers without having to change WordPress, your theme, your plugins or how you produce your content.
What users have to say:
- Read testimonials from W3TC users.
Who do I thank for all of this?
It’s quite difficult to recall all of the innovators that have shared their thoughts, code and experiences in the blogosphere over the years, but here are some names to get you started:
- Steve Souders
- Steve Clay
- Ryan Grove
- Nicholas Zakas
- Ryan Dean
- Andrei Zmievski
- George Schlossnagle
- Daniel Cowgill
- Rasmus Lerdorf
- Gopal Vijayaraghavan
- Bart Vanbraban
Please reach out to all of these people and support their projects if you’re so inclined.
- amazon web services
- cascading style sheet
- Cloud Files
- content delivery network
- css cache
- database cache
- disk cache
- disk caching
- flash media server
- full site acceleration
- full site delivery
- google page speed
- google rank
- http compression
- js cache
- max cdn
- media library
- microsoft azure
- multiple hosts
- new relic
- page cache
- quick cache
- user experience
- w3 total cache
- w3 totalcache
- w3total cache
- web performance optimization
- wp minify
Was this useful?
Would you recommend this plugin summary to your friends?
Thank you for your feedback
Try these other plugins too...
Internet is full of boring popups. So, it’s a time to break this trend. That’s…
Latest Version: 22.11.2014 – v3.0. Check the changelog Next Post Fly Box For WordPress is…
WooCommerce Delivery Slots Features WooCommerce Delivery Slots gives you a great selection of features, which…
The Best and Easiest Way to Create Content Carousels Ever We have taken carousel creation…
* Limited Time Special Price! (Only $19) Customers Feedback I really think you are onto…
Sabai Directory is a premium business directory plugin for WordPress. The plugin features the ability…
Grab all the best security plugins available on CodeCanyon, completely protect your WordPress site and…
WooCommerce Email Template Plugin Transactional emails are important for your business. Make them look beautiful…