Did you know?
- 👍🏾 We found that this plugin is well maintained and contributors are working hard!
- 🏂 Super good!! 99.76% users from more than 4,000 active installs are on the latest version!
- 📥 Umm.. Very few new users pick this plugin...
- 📢 5 total updates and 6 in last 12 months. Is that good enough for you?
- ❤️ Plugins developed by these contributors are not that popular.
- 👨👨👧👧 One man show!! Only a single contributor for this plugin.
- 🎂 This plugin celebrated it's 2nd anniversary 3 months ago.
- 4,000+ Active Installs
- 4.8 Avg. Users Rating
- 16 Total Ratings
- 15,809 Total Downloads
- 2017-06-17 Added
- 6 Releases in 12 Months
- 2018-07-17 Last Update
- 1.1.4 Current Version
|2||SW Weather - WordPress Weather Forecast Plugin||1.4||1||0|
|3||Weather Atlas Widget||1.1||4,000+||4.8|
|4||Weather Effect – Summer, valentine, Christmas||1.1||400+||4.2|
|5||Oplao Weather Widget||0.9||300+||5|
|6||Responsive Vertical Icon Menu||0.8||100+||5|
|7||AB Simple Weather||0.8||200+||5|
Weather widget demo (several live sites)
Weather Atlas Widget is:
– highly customizable (all design elements can be modified, data can be presented in various forms, languages and units),
– weather location manageable (users can select their preferred weather location)
– responsive (automatically adapt appearance for mobile displays),
– smart (background and borders adapt to current temperature, widget’s font size automatically adjusts accordingly to web site’s font size and the placement on a page),
– beautiful (even weather condition’s icons are beautiful, simple and adapt size, color and shades of widget’s text) and
– simple (all options are easily changeable and, above all, weather information is presented in a clear and concise way)
- Responsive web design adapts to mobile displays
- Easily styles to suit your theme
- Weather icons
- Current conditions, hourly and long-term forecast
- Detailed forecast
- Users’ ability to set preferred weather location
- Placement in content or sidebar
- Any location worldwide
- Multi languages and units
- Multiple widgets option
- Easy setup
Responsive web design adapts to mobile displays
If the widget is in a horizontal layout (eg. placed in an article), for users who visit your page on a mobile device, the widget will reformat to vertical layout.
Details of current condition (feels like temperature, wind, humidity, pressure, UV index) and more than 3 hours/days of the forecast are hidden on mobile devices.
These accommodations are made in order to unclutter appearance and preserve beautiful design on narrow displays.
Easily styles to suit your theme
Besides choosing between two predefined layouts (vertical and horizontal), there are multiple options you can set in order to adjust widget to your website.
Font size – widget’s font size, that automatically adjusts accordingly to web site’s font size and the placement on a page, can be overwritten (in px, pt, em, rem, % etc.).
Background Color – background and borders adapt to current temperature, but the background can also be set to fixed color, even with transparency.
Text Color – is auto set as the best contrast to the automatic background color, but text color can also be overwritten.
Inline style – there is even an option in shortcode to set inline style of the widget (eg. float:right;width:200px).
Weather condition’s icons are beautiful, simple and adapt size, color and shades of widget’s text.
Current conditions, hourly and long-term forecast
Choose weather information to display: from current conditions and hourly to long-term forecast.
Current conditions show current temperature, with a weather icon, feels like temperature, wind, humidity, pressure and UV index along with the sunrise/sunset time for the location.
Hourly forecast shows up to 5 hours of forecasted temperatures, with the weather icons.
The daily forecast shows up to 5 days of weather forecasts with high/low temperatures, with the weather condition icons.
Website users are pleased when you provide them the information they need in a clear and concise way (eg. by placing weather info on your pages).
By checking an option “detailed forecast” in settings, you’ll provide an option for visitors to open (in a new window) Weather Atlas’ full forecast for chosen location – and your website visitors will be grateful for that.
Users’ ability to set preferred weather location
This option allows users to override preset weather location.
Weather location is changed by simply typing the name of the location into the search field and selecting favorite from the list of suggested locations.
Why choosing a location from a drop-down is a better solution than geolocation?
Placement in content or sidebar
Weather widget can be placed in a sidebar in a usual way (please read: Installation and FAQ).
And there is an option to place weather directly in articles, by using shortcode option (more on this option in FAQ section).
Any location worldwide
There are over 800.000 locations from 238 countries and territories. Guess you’ll find your location 🙂
Multi Languages and units
Currently supported languages are:
Temperature and other weather data are displayed in either Imperial (°F, in, mi) or Metric system (°C, mb, mm, km).
Multiple widgets option
Placing multiple widgets (either in a sidebar or in content) on the same page is not a problem.
Each weather widget has individual options and “lives independently” from others.
Widgets don’t slow down a website, as they show cached weather data, stored in your database, and periodically update data from our service.
weather, weather widget, weather plugin, weather forecast, forecast, responsive weather, weather geolocation, weather location, weather atlas, awesome weather, accuweather, openweathermap, weatherbug, weather underground, wunderground, hourly weather forecast
- weather forecast
- Weather Plugin
- weather widget
Was this useful?
Would you recommend this plugin summary to your friends?
Thank you for your feedback
Try these other plugins too...
A comprehensive, user-friendly, all in one WordPress security and firewall plugin for your site.
Bookly — awesome appointment booking and scheduling solution, 10,000+ satisfied business owners agree. Simple setup…
Show off your work with this easy-to-customize and fully featured Audio/Video Player. When purchasing this…
WooCommerce Currency Switcher – is a WooCommerce plugin that allows you to switch to different…
About Boost your WordPress site performance by minifying, combining, compressing and caching your files. Main…
UberGrid is a powerful responsive grid / gallery builder for WordPress that can build nice…
Ultimate Pricing Tables Addon for Visual Composer Fully Customizable Responsive Pricing Tables for Visual Composer.…
Easily replace any attached image/file by simply uploading a new file in the Media Library edit view - a real time saver!
All Extensions / Payments / Amazon Pay Amazon Pay Developed by WooCommerce Information & Requirements Amazon Pay is currently…