Did you know?
- ❤️ Other plugins from this team are not picking up well. Proceed with caution.
- 1970-01-01 Last Update
New features compared to CW Image Optimizer?
- New plugin structure with many code rewrites and performance improvments
- Bulk Optimization now uses ajax to optimize images and can handle huge amount of images. Bulk optimization tests were performed successfully on a 200k+ media library … yes it tooked a while to run the test, but it worked ? whereas all image optimization plugins I had been testing were failing on a 15k+ media library !
- Optimize function can now fix images meta if structure is not correct
- Bulk Optimization can now be performed on All images or only the ones that haven’t been optimized yet
- Save even more disk space with Lossy Jpeg Compression (Fallback to lossless compression if fails)
The WP Image Optimizer is a WordPress plugin that will automatically and losslessly optimize your images as you upload them to your blog. It can also optimize the images that you have already uploaded in the past.
Because WP Image Optimizer uses lossless optimization techniques, your image quality will be exactly the same before and after the optimization. The only thing that will change is your file size.
Why use WP Image Optimizer?
- Your pages will load faster. Smaller image sizes means faster page loads. This will make your visitors happy, and can increase ad revenue.
- Faster backups. Smaller image sizes also means faster backups.
- Less bandwidth usage. Optimizing your images can save you hundreds of KB per image, which means significantly less bandwidth usage.
- Super fast. Because it runs on your own server, you don’t have to wait for a third party service to receive, process, and return your images. You can optimize hundreds of images in just a few minutes.
- Robust I needed a bulletproof plugin, able to handle thousands of files and working using cron-task with wp-cli. Most of the optimization plugins I had been testing failed, so I decided to build a new version of cw image otpimizer to suit my neeeds.
littleutils is installed, but the plugin says it isn’t. If you are confident that it is installed properly, then go to the plugin configuration page and disable the installation check.
It is also possible that your binaries aren’t accessible to your web server user (especially while using a cron task or wp-cli to create posts). You can link these binaries using the following commands:
ln -s /usr/local/bin/opt-jpg /usr/bin/opt-jpg ln -s /usr/local/bin/opt-png /usr/bin/opt-png ln -s /usr/local/bin/opt-gif /usr/bin/opt-gif ln -s /usr/local/bin/tempname /usr/bin/tempname ln -s /usr/local/bin/imagsize /usr/bin/imagsize ln -s /usr/local/bin/gifsicle /usr/bin/gifsicle ln -s /usr/local/bin/pngcrush /usr/bin/pngcrush ln -s /usr/local/bin/pngrecolor /usr/bin/pngrecolor ln -s /usr/local/bin/pngstrip /usr/bin/pngstrip
Contact and Credits
Was this useful?
Would you recommend this plugin summary to your friends?
Thank you for your feedback
Try these other plugins too...
Here’s some of the rest of the features… Supports single and multiple day events Create…
Rankie – Wordpress rank tracker is a wordpress rank checker plugin that will help you…
Ninja Widget is flexible, fully responsive inline widget for Ninja Popups. Now You can get…
PRESENTATION Easily sell any customized services & products creating your own flat and responsive cost…
What’s iLightBox? iLightBox allows you to easily create the most beautiful responsive overlay windows using…
Note: This plugin is an add-on that requires the Booked plugin. Click here to learn…
InstaShow is a premium WordPress Instagram feed for creating charming galleries of Instagram images. Take…
ARPrice – WordPress Pricing Table & Team Showcase ARPrice is the most complete and fully…
Dynamically switch the currency of displayed prices