Did you know?
- 👷🏻 This plugin is actively maintained and contributors are really committed to it!
- 📢 Reliable plugin.. 59 total updates and 12 in last 12 months. That's great track record.
- 🎖 Excellent plugin. It's one of the Top 100 WordPress plugins here.
- ❤️ Mindblowing! More than 913,440 people use plugins from this team.
- 🏂 56% of 900,000+ users are on the latest version.
- 📥 Seems like a popular plugin - 996 people download this plugin everyday.
- 👨👨👧👧 Good sign.. There is a team behind this plugin.
- 🎂 This plugin is going to celebrate it's 7th anniversary after 5 months.
- 900,000+ Active Installs
- 4.7 Avg. Users Rating
- 99 Total Ratings
- 1,407,351 Total Downloads
- 2012-12-28 Added
- 12 Releases in 12 Months
- 2016-08-24 Last Update
- 2.6.1 Current Version
|1||Clef Two-Factor Authentication||4.5||900,000+||4.7|
|2||Keyy Two Factor Authentication (like Clef)||1.3||1,000+||4.4|
|3||Defender Security, Monitoring, and Hack Protection||1.3||8,000+||4.9|
|4||Securus - Yubikey 2 Factor Authentication for WP||1.3||4||0|
|5||Secure Login with TraitWare||1.2||20+||4.9|
|6||QR Code Authenticator (Clef like)||1||500+||5|
Clef Login Features
No passwords: log in securely with the Clef wave, and enjoy two-factor protection without one-time codes.
No extra devices: use your smartphone instead of a “third device” such as a USB drive or security key.
Single sign on/off: Scan the Clef Wave once, then enjoy one-click sign ins for all subsequent sites. Also, sign out from all your sites with one-click any time, or set the timer to log you out automatically when you’re done working.
Clef Security Features
- Clef stores the encrypted private key on your phone rather than in a central database. Thus even in the unlikely event of a catastrophic security breach on Clef’s servers, your login credentials remain secure on your phone.
- Every Clef login requires two identification factors: your phone and a fingerprint or PIN. So even if your phone is lost or stolen, your Clef profile and logins remain safe and sound.
Comprehensive login protection: Clef disables passwords for all three WordPress authentication points: Dashboard access, API access (XML-RPC), and password resets. Thus it protects WordPress's front door and back door against the full spectrum of password-based attacks:
- brute-force and botnet login attacks
- weak, leaked, and recycled passwords
- sending login credentials in plain text via an insecure (non-SSL/TLS) connection
- phishing attempts
- account takeovers via email breaches
Plugin Configuration Options
- Disable passwords for select WordPress user roles including custom roles.
- Disable passwords for both the login script (wp-login.php) and the XML-RPC API (xmlrpc.php).
- Accommodate users who do not have smartphones.
Shortcode support: insert Clef’s “login with your phone” button or the Clef Wave in any post, page, or text widget using the clef_render_login_button shortcode.
Standards-based compatibility: Clef’s WordPress plugin adheres to WordPress coding guidelines and is compatible with most mainstream plugins and themes.
Internationalization and localization support: Arabic, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Japanese, Latvian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish. More translations on the way. Help translate Clef into your language.
Multisite network support
Helpful documentation and support
I use two-factor authentication wherever possible. This plugin is great because it enables me to use it on my WordPress websites!
Never had a problem with it, and there is a back up login page if it ever happens, very happy so far.
I’ve been using Clef for months now.
It’s awesome. Convenient and easy enough for developers to manage.
The only issue i have it’s that it needs to be easier for the typical user, and instead of the pin, it should use fingerprint on phones that support it.
But, this is the future, being developed little by little.
My first thought was that this is just a novel way to log into the WP admin panel. Now that I maintain multiple websites, it has been time-saving to be able to quickly log in to the admin panel of each site once I have logged in to the first site. Thanks for developing such a great plugin.
What a freebie! Simple, high tech, secure and another layer of security. A fantastic piece of work.
It’s really good way to authorize you to the admin, especially when you do it occasionally. I really like how it works and how convenient it is.
Good job guys!
The latest update of the Clef plugin and the Clef app on my iPhone broke my WordPress login on all sites. I could not fix it on one site even when using the override URL. Finally had to remove the plugin by accessing the server.
liked the features of pdf,email, quote to estimate and invoice too
Awesome plugin.. I love it..
The latest version destroys the login form, changes passwords from existing users and prevents the password retrieval form from functioning properly. Simply put, if you have several members and you install the plugin, you’re screwed. Nobody will be able to login, nobody can change their password or retrieve it and every password is changed without notice by the plugin.
Absolutely excellent work guys. Have been using it now for about 6 months without any issues and completely enjoy the fact that i dont have to remember passwords or fear about anybody getting their hands on my password.
Set up is a breeze, excellent user experience and top-notch functionality. Just try it and thank the developers later.
Works well without issues. Best way to impress a chick. Will install again.
Fast, well documented, fascinating, rock solid plugin. It’s difficult to wish something of better.
- 2 step authentication
- log in
- single sign-on
- strong authentication
- two step
- two-factor authentication
Was this useful?
Would you recommend this plugin summary to your friends?
Thank you for your feedback
Try these other plugins too...
Team Showcase for Wordpress is the best well made and up to date Plugin built…
Add a Map and Store locator to your site in minutes An Easy to use,…
Ultimate Addons for Visual Composer is the master plugin that includes many features, including all…
Welcome to Instagram Theatre Create the ultimate Instagram gallery/portfolio with Instagram Theatre. This is a…
WordPress eCards is a WordPress plugin used to send electronic cards to friends. It can…
WordPress Download Manager is a Files / Documents Management Plugin to manage, track and control file downloads from your WordPress Site.
Relevanssi replaces the default search with a partial-match search that sorts results by relevance. It also indexes comments and shortcode content.
All Extensions / Payments / Direct / PayPal Pro PayPal Pro Developed by WooCommerce Information & Requirements SSL Certificate required Available…
All Extensions / Store Management / Admin and Notifications / WooCommerce Order Status Control WooCommerce Order Status Control Developed by SkyVerge…